18 January 2022

My Birthday Dinner No. 4 - Terzo Minneapolis

 My extended birthday celebrations came to a glorious end in mid-December, nearly a month after my actual birth date. (That was Thanksgiving Day.) My daughter treated me to dinner at Terzo in south Minneapolis. 

Unlike the other two restaurant birthday dinners, I had been to Terzo in the past; multiple times, actually. I've even posted in this blog about the restaurant twice - once in 2014 as we prepared for a trip to Italy and again in 2016 just before another Italian trip. 

Terzo continues to be a favorite of mine. So it was an easy choice for a birthday dinner, especially since my daughter hadn't eaten there previously. 

We started with a glass of prosecco and an order of arancini. Next we had salads. My daughter had 'misticanza' which was a beautiful mixed salad with baby lettuce, pea tendrils, fresh herbs, radish, celery, egg yolk and a light dressing. I had a seasonal salad 'autumnale'. 

Smoked trout on pasta
Terzo offers half orders of its pasta entrees. We opted for that. My daughter had 'torchio al funghi,' a horn-shaped pasta with a creamy mushroom sauce. I ordered 'tajarin alla trota,' which was a long, thin pasta served with smoked trout, garlic, fennel and onion. 

As I've mentioned in my previous posts about Terzo, it is basically a wine bar, though the food menu is more extensive than you'd typically expect at a wine bar. So it's a real treat to try different varieties of wine from Italy with the food. My daughter ordered red wine from Sicily with her pasta. Mine was a white - Neblina Madonia - which very nicely complemented the smoky trout on my pasta. 

To conclude our meal, we each ordered an espresso and a scoop of gelato. I had apple gelato; she had almond. 

This being the first visit to Terzo since the Covid pandemic, I was pleased to see that they have maintained their quality and relaxing ambiance. Our server was very helpful and accommodating. In previous posts, I've commented that the items on the food menu are kind of expensive. But it's worth it for a special occasion, and to experience the great selection of wine from Italy. 

Espresso and gelati for dessert



No comments:

My Birthday Dinner No. 4 - Terzo Minneapolis

 My extended birthday celebrations came to a glorious end in mid-December, nearly a month after my actual birth date. (That was Thanksgiving...