1 avocado, peeled, pitted, coarsely chopped
1 serrano chili, with seeds
3/4 c. cilantro leaves
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. salt
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree.
Preparation tips from Los Companeros de Salsa:
- We got better results from using a food processor rather than a blender. It tended to be thicker.
- We used half cilantro and half parsley. Some people don’t like the harshness of cilantro.
- Taste your chili pepper. We thought ours wasn’t as spicy as we wanted, so we added more than called for by the recipe.
- I think one of the keys to making any salsa is to allow time for it to sit, so the flavors can blend, before eating.
- Besides serving on tortilla chips, it also would be good on chicken or grilled fish.